Thursday, December 18, 2008

"Country Mouse and City Mouse " (my other blog that I've been adding to lately)

I can't determine if it's a waste of time or not to do blogging. :) What do ya' think?

I ask myself...

"What eternal significance will any of this have?"

In light of that, it seems that I could find much more productive things to do with my time. But what? :)

I suppose I could be:
  • continue working on and FINISH a brochure project that the Holy Spirit moved me to develop quite some time ago

  • reading and studying scripture....which I truly love and know the many benefits from this activity

  • praying

  • phone calls of encouragement (if I'm not able to actually visit)

  • crafting (with the purpose of giving and encouraging)

  • reading material that would teach, equip and train me as a Christian

  • writing......which leads me back to blogging.

I guess I answered my question. For me....I try to live making my life COUNT for God's Kingdom, that's a basic tenet of my life. I know I fall very short of that principle, but figure if I can envision some 'eternal significance' coming from whatever the chosen (or contemplated) activity might be (of my work AND play), I might be headed in the right direction. :)

1 Corinthians 3:12-14 (NIV)
"If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work. If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

can u leave ur phone number to me???

Anonymous said...

It seems the culture of different countries, decided everyone in the same things on different views, however, write a good article!

Anonymous said...

Although from different places, but this perception is consistent, which is relatively rare point!

Anonymous said...

A friend told me this place I have been looking for, I come, it turned out, I have not disappointed, good Blog

Anonymous said...

Although we have differences in culture, but do not want is that this view is the same and I like that!