Wednesday, December 10, 2008

YES!!!!!!!!!!! GOD IS GOOD!

I am thrilled today to announce that God, being ever faithful as He is, has answered my prayers in an awesome way!

As you may recall, I recently (Nov. 1) had an emergency visit to the hospital and overnight stay, to do tests and more. At that time, I surely posted here that I was without medical insurance since September 15. Of course, I received a HUGE bill and I'm currently involved in the hospital's standard procedure to reduce the bill....then I will be paying on the bill forever! I'm wasn't too concerned about that part of my dilemma, but was more concerned with my critical need to secure health insurance at a decent price, with decent coverage.

To clarify, let me add that my Cobra insurance plan (through my previous employer) expired in May of this year and during the summer months I was fortunate enough to be able to enroll in a small health insurance plan that is offered to employees of the camp where I work. Upon my return from camp in Maine, and even previously in the spring, I had searched out information regarding an affordable yet adequate health insurance plan. HA! None to be found for individuals! Anyway, after many months of searching and praying, I decided on a plan offered by Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield. I was pleased to find out that my employer would be, again, providing a monthly monetary contribution to help cover the cost of the health insurance plan! I'm VERY thankful for my wonderful employer!

It was at this point, however, that I then made an error in judgement. I figured that due to a fairly significant deductible that goes with this plan, it seemed to make sense to me to wait until the beginning of the new calendar year to initiate the plan. Who'd have thought I'd need to be HOSPITALIZED in the meantime!!?? I learned a hard lesson, once again in life!

Following the ordeal with the hospitalization, and being slapped with over $8,000.00 in medical bills, I was compelled to 'get on the ball' and secure health insurance, no matter the time of year! I very abrubtly realized that I could not remain without medical insurance, no matter the cost! I once again phoned a local insurance agent and provided to him my necessary personal information. When the agent and I got to the section of information containing previous health conditions and hospitalizations, he STOPPED! There was a huge hesitation as the agent found out that I had been hospitalized as recently as within the month. The agent advised me, quite frankly, that there was a strong likelihood that I may be denied health insurance at the quoted price and through this particular company. He was nearly certain that the insurance company would request the medical records of this recent hospital visit and dig deeply into the surrounding medical condition and diagnosis. So certain of the insurance company's request and review of my hospitalization, the agent even suggested I speed the application process by going to the hospital and signing theform for release my medical records. I was BUMMED, to say the least! With some pending medical conditions that need attention, I began to panic! What if I would be deemed unfit for medical insurance?

I soon realized there was nothing I could do from this point on, except to place the entire matter in God's hands and seek His Divine intervention. I did just that and asked others to pray as well.

Yesterday I received a phone call from a VERY surprised insurance agent, informing me that I was ACCEPTED for medical insurance from the company through which I applied! He told me, once again, that he was really shocked at the speed of the application process and restated that it is nearly unheard of for a company NOT to examine more closely a recent hospitalization such as I had in November! PRAISE GOD! I am SO SURE of God's perfect intervention and provision in my life and in this particular situation! I made a point to let my insurance agent know about the power of prayer!

I'm rejoicing in who God is and how perfectly He cares for us when we seek Him with all our heart!

No comments: