Sunday, April 19, 2009

You may wonder just why I am posting this photo today. Yes....it's my purse hanging on the bathroom door of Panera Bread!

Well, here's the story...

Today, following church and fellowship and then a little 'solo' picnic lunch at a nearby park, I spent a few hours at the local library. About 1/2 hour prior to leaving, to go to Panera Bread, where I'm now continuing my project work, I used the restroom. This awesome new Darien library has two great (single toilet and co-gender) restrooms located on the second floor, where I always do my work. Inside the 'spic and span' restroom there is a hook for one's purse, coat or whatever. The single hook is located on the far wall (not on the door as is most common) of the fairly generous sized restroom. As usual, I went into the restroom, hung up my purse, "used the potty", washed my hands and left the restroom. I immediately went back to my work, knowing that I had only a little time to finish my work before the library closed for the day.


Ten minutes before closing time at 5 pm, I began to pack up and gather my belongings. I quickly realized that my purse was nowhere in sight! It didn't take me long to remember that I had carried with me to the restroom.....in an effort to prevent it's being stolen (good plan, huh?). I was, of course, very concerned and, praying, I quickly returned to the restroom in hopes that my purse would still be hanging on the hook. It was NOT there! Thinking I may have overlooked the purse, I returned to my table where I had been working. My eyes scoured every inch of the area but still did not see my purse. My keys, wallet, cell phone and much more were GONE! Still praying, and begging God for my purse, I went to the librarian's desk on the second floor to inquire if a kind soul MAY have found the purse and turned it in to the desk.

PRAISE GOD....the purse was, indeed, turned in and was placed in the library's lost and found! I was THANKING GOD! I stopped at the main desk and sure enough, I spied my purse behind the main desk! I was SO THANKFUL that the next person who used that restroom today at the Dairen library did the right thing! GOD is so good and I know that it was only by His Hand that the person who found my purse was moved to turn it in to the proper authorities. I checked all the contents....and EVERYTHING was in place!

WOW......what a wonderful ending to a few moments of great CONCERN!! Many times, I have done the same thing or similar acts of honesty or kindness. I am rejoicing that God saw fit to reward my goodness by working HIS GOODNESS in this potentially dreadful situation! Just wish I could thank the person for their kindness.
"Praise God from whom all blessings flow"!


No comments: