Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The beauty of the pure, white snow that fell on us today inspired me throughout this day. I thought of the purity and holiness of God. As I read Isaiah 1 tonight, this prayer came from my heart.

“Oh Lord, hear my prayer as I lift my eyes to You. I have been complacent and ‘busy’ with life. On too many occasions I have sought my own desires and have followed my own choices in life. I’ve done what I wanted to do, I’ve harbored thoughts that were not centered on You and I have walked in ways that were prompted by my sinful flesh. Hear my confession and receive my repentance in forgiveness and mercy. I point my face to look on YOU. I commit to seeking after You, to keeping my eyes upon You and to resting in You. May I order my life so as to insure the nurturing and growth of my love for You. I have never stopped loving You, but I have failed to demonstrate my love as You desire. I allowed LINDY to nudge and push You as You reigned on the throne of my life. My Lord, I step aside once again and move clearly out of the way of Your leading. You are my Savior, may YOU be fully Lord of my life as You reign in power and glory! Amen"
Isaiah 1:15-19 NIV
“When you spread out your hands in prayer, I will hide my eyes from you; even if you offer many prayers, I will not listen. Your hands are full of blood; wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight! Stop doing wrong, learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow.

"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best from the land; but if you resist and rebel, you will be devoured by the sword." For the mouth of the LORD has spoken.



No comments: