Sunday, March 28, 2010

Palm Sunday

Father God, how thankful I am for your perfect plan of redemption for your wayward children. Your works, your ways, your words are PERFECT and today I reflect on a small portion of this merciful plan of salvation for my soul. You are not only God, Creator of the universe and King over all, but you are my Father. Had there been no one else on earth, you would have gone to the same lengths to rescue ME and bring me into a right and intimate relationship with you! For that, I humbly give thanks and gratefully rejoice this morning! May I reflect YOU throughout this day and may YOUR LOVE be shed abroad through my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

I am finding it absolutely incredible as I dig a bit deeper and learn about this day which Christians recognize and celebrate today; the day we now term "Palm Sunday". To comprehend the fact that about 2060 years ago, the priest and prophet Zechariah foretold the events that actually DID occur some 500 years later is mind blowing! To be part of that very celebration and contribute to the celebration so many years later is an honor and privilege!

As the disciples and followers of Jesus entered the city of Jerusalem with Jesus, they shouted words of affirmation and proclamation, announcing JESUS as Messiah and King! I can only imagine how the crowds must have sounded as they chanted the Hebrew sentiments of Psalm 118:26 and Psalm 148:1 -


"Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD; we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD" and "Praise ye the LORD; Praise ye the LORD from the heavens: praise him in the heights".

In today's translation we use the words, "Hosanna; Blessed is He that comes in the name of the Lord. Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that comes in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest".

My prayer this morning is that, like these disciples of Jesus so many years ago, I would offer and convey the same enthusiasm and boldness as they displayed! May I HONOR Jesus, my Savior and Lord and be diligent to keep Him securely on the throne of my life. May the very person of Jesus be reflected in my life and may I live victoriously over temptation and sin. Yes, it is a lofty goal, but it is what I live for!

All glory and honor to Jesus, the King!

No comments: