Sunday, March 14, 2010

Just sharing a few photos from http://www.weather.com/ of the wind and rain and storm damage that has occured here in Fairfield County, CT.
I lost power at my home last night (Saturday, March 13) around 8 pm and the reports are that service may not be restored for days!

It's all ok because I don't really keep too much food in my fridge that would spoil and I'm now equipped with a broad-band card that gives me wireless internet anywhere there is a Verizon signal. So, except for hot water, I'm "good to go" as long as I can get out to hit the local eateries and re-charge my cell phone! Power outages during my summers spent in the woods of Maine have somewhat 'seasoned' me for this kind of experience so I'm taking it all in stride.

I have heard or read the scripture text from 1 Peter 5:7 at least two times today. "Cast all your anxiety on Him, for He cares for you" are words of encouragement and promise that are so appropriate for this day! For many people, there are serious concerns related to power outages. I overheard a young woman on her phone in CVS earlier today as she was trying to rent a generator. She mentioned that she has a young child that requires in-home oxygen and evidently the machine needs electricity to function properly. Other people keep a large supply of expensive food in their freezers and no power means SPOILAGE. We are all fortunate that the outside temperatures are not as cold as it could be in mid-March or hypothermia could be a serious issue!

I memorized this scripture in 1 Peter very early in my walk with Christ. I still cherish these words and practice the command as HE empowers me! I WILL NOT fear, I WILL NOT worry and I WILL walk in victory...not letting anything come against my relationship and personal walk with Christ!

GOD is an awesome God and today is an awesome day....no matter what come my way!

No comments: