Thursday, July 1, 2010

It was verse seven of 2 Chronicles, chapter 15, that jumped out at me this morning and the Holy Spirit has urged me to share the following encouragement:

In this account, Azariah, the son of Oded, who was a prophet, came to Asa, the king of Judah and spoke God’s word unto him. God gave this word to Asa to encourage and motivate him to continue the work of purifying Judah, thus honoring God. Asa was a good and Godly king and he took to heart this word from God. Take a look at the words spoken to Asa, as recorded in verse 7, NKJV.


"But you, be strong and do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded!"






How very much each of us, as Christians in this fallen world, need to hear words of encouragement and motivation! I’m sharing this scripture passage today for that very purpose. May God’s word be as relevant and fresh to YOU as it was to Asa nearly 3000 years ago! May you be STRONG as you carry out the work of the Kingdom of God! *As a side note: I found it quite interesting that I should read this passage of scriptrue today, when just yesterday I was reading through (praying and planning) a book that I picked up at a local book sale, entitled, "Strength Training Over 50". Ha! God has a sense of humor!

Exodus 15:2
The LORD is my strength and my song





Habakkuk 3:19
The Sovereign LORD is my strength

No comments: