Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Today I am beginning my Bible reading in, and study of, the book of Nehemiah.

To gain background informatin, I turned to the internet and began to scan a study by David Pratte, provided by Gospelway.com. I did not get too far in the study when I noted references to the land of Judah as that of "Palestine". (see sentence two under the sub title, Historical Setting). I began wondering about the 'correctness' of this term and did a bit of research.

It took me little time to find a great web site, hosted by Zola Levitt Ministries, that provided a sound explanation and biblical understanding of the use of the term "Palestine". If you have ever questioned the term "Palestine", as I did this morning, please take a gander at this excellent article entitled, "Palestine vs. Israel as the Name for the Holy Land". The article is written by Thomas S. McCall, Th.D. for Zola Levitt Ministries.

As I grow deeper in Christ, I have developed a great love for the people of Israel. I consider them my 'brothers and sisters', since I am told in scripture that I have been ADOPTED into the family of God. If you, like me, also have a heart for the heritage and people of Israel, it is important that we understand the terms associated with this nation, as well as it's allies and foes. Again, please take a look at this excellent link entitled: "Palestine vs. Israel as the name for the Holy Land"

May God keep ALL of His children
in His Almighty Hand!

No comments: