Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tick, Tick, Tick...

Time seems to fly so fast in the morning hours before I head to work for the day that I have little time to write a blog post! Maybe that's a good thing, because it tends to keep the posts SHORTER and SIMPLER for the reader!

Today is day 11 of "The Radical Experiment" and I have been blessed as I follow the plan. Here's an update:

1. I am diligently praying for a nation of the world each day. (Today is the nation of Latvia....see my Face Book post of about 10 a.m. if you are on my friend list. If not...send me a friend request!! (see right margin for name).

2. I continue to read through the entire Bible (6th time now as I began this practice in 1996) and am in the early chapters of Nehemiah. What God is teaching me through His Word alone could make a good blog post!

3. I have also determined what funds I will be sacrificing and setting aside for a specific purpose this year. I have made a cute little container to collect my funds and have set aside $5.00 so far! Not much...but it is the act of sacrificing for others that is God-honoring.

4. I am working on the 'committing my life to a multiplying church fellowship' as well. This part is difficult while I'm in Maine for the summer, but I'm in prayer about and communication with my current home church in CT. I think God is leading me to hang in with them and remain with this fellowship, but I am still waiting and praying.

5. I am praying about how I will "spend my time in another context" this year. Should be interesting...I'd love to do a mission trip so we'll see what God does!

The experiment is going great...I am obdient and God is blessing. I'm still working on personal 'stuff' and issues as I pray and walk with Christ, but I am pressing in deeper to consider God's GLOBAL view of our world and His/my purpose therein. I am thrilled with who God is and that I am His!

1 comment:

UGA10 said...

Great Blog!! I am just starting my Radical challenge also!