Friday, October 15, 2010

"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin." 1 John 1:7 nkjv

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9 nkjv

I've noticed for a few days now that my silver teaspoons were quite tarnished. This morning, as I made a cup of tea, I decided to tackle the task of polishing! I don't have much silver in my home, but what I have, I polished. It's a rather messy job and my nails will be a bit 'black' for the day, but it is worth the effort! Some of the more deeply tarnished areas required extra effort as I rubbed and polished! I now have a small array of sparkling silver and it is beautiful!

I've used this analogy before, but I ask, "How similar to the polishing of my household silver is the 'polishing' that God does in our lives"? JESUS (His shed blood) is the instrument of total cleansing in our lives, but we all know that we get 'dirty' and stained with sin on a daily basis. Some days we need a light buffing to clean away the sin, other times, if we allow sin to fester and grow, we need a major rubbing and deep polishing by God to get us back into 'sparkling' status with Our Father and Creator!

Oh, that we would 'get right' with God and SPARKLE for Him....for all the world to see! May the brilliance of Jesus Christ shine in your life today!

No comments: