Wednesday, October 13, 2010



"Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!" NKJV Romans 11:33

I screwed up.....and this morning I was meditating on the incredible mercy of our Lord. Not only His mercy, but His patience and astounding ability to endure the hurt and pain that our sin causes Him. I was keenly aware that my sin was akin to "turning up my nose" at my Father and I needed God's mercy.

I established through His word that God, indeed, feels emotions. (anger, grief, joy...) This fact made me all the more grieved at the sin I committed. The notion of God grieving over my sin and waywardness was unbearable. I was in great need of a reminder of God's great mercy and love. The Holy Spirit faithfully assured me of who God is and just how and why He is able to forgive, over and over, the sin we commit. Today I am thankful that my God is FAITHFUL and HIS LOVE ENDURES forever.

May this post remind us all, that in spite of the grief and sadness that we (and our Lord) feel when we sin, there is HOPE and FORGIVENESS through Christ!

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." NKJV 1 John 1:9

Do you know this familiar hymn? I'm singing it this morning!
How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

No comments: