Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Shelter in the Time of Storm

As I prayed through various issues in my life this morning, God ministered and the Holy Spirit taught and comforted. While there are no MAJOR issues that I'm currently facing, I continually seek God for all things, large and small, and find REST in Christ.

Today I remembered the hymn, "A Shelter in the Time of Storm" and pondered various 'shelters'. I often visually liken God's protection and control over me to a HUGE umbrella (GOD) under which I am kept safe and dry, but today I let my thoughts roam to consider other types of shelter. I searched for a photo that would best convey God's SHELTERING nature. I found many; a cave hewn out of a massive rock, a 'nest' of twigs and branches, a commercially manufactured 'storm shelter', and many more. You can take your pick but I liked the one I have pictured today.

Imagine the storms of life as a thunderstorm, or even a wild animal, and you are facing that situation alone in the woods! Consider being 'stuck' without proper shelter or protection from those elements! What safety and security it would be to find a suitable shelter that would keep one SNUG and SAFE during the storm!

For me....CHRIST is my shelter. There is great comfort knowing that there is a Shelter prepared and waiting for me. I can turn to my Shelter, Jesus, anytime during the day, hectic or calm, and find great peace and security. Placing my trust and faith in Christ many years ago was the best thing I have ever done! Today, I walk securely in His power and protection.

No comments: