Thursday, May 6, 2010

VICTORY!

Praying and studying about VICTORY and OVERCOMING this morning. Here's the verse that the Holy Spirit gave me...

This scripture is from 2 Samuel 23 - NKJV. The text refers to Eleazar, who is described in verse 9, as "one of three mighty men with David when they defied the Philistines who were gathered there for battle, and the men of Israel had retreated" Talk about courageously overcoming!!

"He arose and attacked the Philistines until his hand was weary, and his hand stuck to the sword. The Lord brought about a great victory that day." (verse 10)

"But he [Eleazar] stationed himself in the middle of the field, defended it, and killed the Philistines. So the Lord brought about a great victory." (verse 12)

I want to STAND, victoriously over so many ugly habits and tendencies in my life. I resolved today to only look at TODAY! I am praying that I will OVERCOME in the name of Jesus today!

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the VICTORY through our Lord, Jesus Christ!" 1 Cor. 15:57

No comments: